Manager, Clinical Research
- The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
- With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
- The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- The Department of Pathology has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Manager, Clinical Research to work on the UHealth Campus. The Manager, Clinical Research oversees the development of clinical trials and research programs that support the overall mission of the University. This role is also responsible for the independent execution of regulatory-related decisions/strategies; and coordinates work with Study Managers and other relevant team members to assure the fidelity of study protocols and data collection.
- Clinical Trial billing review and approval
- Clinical Trial agreement negotiation
- Clinical Trial agreement system input and coordination with office of Research Administration
- Clinical Trial budget development, review, and approval for pathology projects
- Clinical Trial budget for UM department needing Lab medicine and anatomic pathology samples
- Pathology Ancillary Review of new protocols and modification that require pathology support
- Supervision and training of clinical trial coordinators
- Operational planning for clinical trial support for both pathology & other UM depts
- IRB application preparation including creation of IRB required embedded forms
- IRB protocol, data collection form, and consent form development, assessment, editing and submission
- Administrative Support of research protocols running through the laboratory for clinical biosciences LCB
- Non-disclosure agreement submission
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
- The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
- UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
- Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
- The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
- Job Status:
- Full timeEmployee Type:
- StaffPay Grade:
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delivering leading-edge patient care by the region’s best doctors, powered by groundbreaking research at The U.