Research, Grants & Information Associate - Temporary
About the job
Our priority is the health and wellness of employees and the people of Ontario. As such, this position may involve working from home for all or part of the duration of this position. The WSIB model mixes working from home, office and field. When it is safe to do so, this position may be asked to work in an office.
About The Workplace Safety And Insurance Board (WSIB)
We’re here to help. When an injury or illness happens on the job, we move quickly to provide wage-loss benefits, medical coverage and support to help people get back to work. Funded by businesses, we also provide no-fault collective liability insurance and access to industry-specific health and safety information. We are one of the largest insurance organizations in North America covering over five million people in more than 300,000 workplaces across Ontario. For more information, visit wsib.ca .
At The WSIB, You’ll Have The Opportunity To
- explore many career paths and follow your passion
- continuously learn and grow professionally
- be recognized for the great work you do
- participate in programs that support your health and wellbeing
You’ll also receive a competitive salary and may be eligible to participate in our health and dental plan.
This is a temporary position for up to (12) months.
Salary Grade: N06 From: $73,299.89
Support the activities of the WSIB’s research, grants and information processes, including the development of high quality materials to inform multi-year agendas, implementation of the agendas, performance evaluation of individual grants and research projects and dissemination of outcomes.
- Administration of the Research & Grants Program:
- Coordinate and implement the planning processes to operationalize the Research and Grants strategic frameworks
- Demonstrate proficiency in building tools, methodologies and resources for strategic research and grants agenda planning
- Prepare materials (including background information, analyses and research ideas) and arrange any required logistics for the facilitation of Round Table meetings, including interaction with Vice-Presidents from different business areas
- Prepare regular status reports on progress of deliverables, as well as outcomes and findings, for senior management
- Prepare the Annual Report, including in-depth analysis of value for money delivered by research and grant projects, for presentation to Round Tables for endorsement and to EC for approval
- Facilitate the dissemination of outcomes and findings, as determined by the Round Tables
- Administration of Individual Research and Grants
- Establish and foster internal and external partnerships, and deliver exceptional service to support applicants and recipients of funding to ensure the achievement of strategic research and grant objectives
- Arrange for legal agreements for strategic research and provide oversight of their execution to ensure compliance, assisting Grant and Research sponsors (VPs) with the administration of agreements
- Co-ordinate and manage the budget reconciliation for each grant and research project which includes analyzing expenditures, assessing variance explanations provided by recipients and reporting on the significance of these deviances in terms of the project’s ability to remain compliant in meeting its established objectives
- Apply advanced skills in critical thinking and judgement to evaluate applications for grant and research funding
- Establish, monitor and report on performance metrics for research and grants projects
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Coordinate and manage a centralized budget for WSIB’s information resources, (including books, periodicals, online subscriptions, etc.) and monitor, analyze and report on monthly and quarterly actuals versus forecast
- Identify and disseminate relevant information and research (undertaken in other jurisdictions and through the Chief Prevention Office) for use by the Strategic Planning Team
- Develop and continuously improve information and knowledge management practices
- Research, develop and implement new knowledge management processes, policies and tools
- University degree in public policy and administration, business, law, or economics
- Knowledge and experience applying general research methodologies at an advanced level
- 3 years of experience leading research and analysis and/or planning
- Ability to identify issues and their impact on WSIB’s objectives and business processes, and to assess the gaps in knowledge
- Knowledge of budget management processes
- Proven experience using analytical and problem-solving techniques and methodologies
- Experience developing, implementing and/or maintaining a knowledge management system
- Experience managing stakeholders
- Technical or Professional Qualifications or Certifications / Designations:
- Aware of national and international information resources and how to access them through electronic technology
- Understanding of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and its impacts on data collection and release of WSIB information for research purposes
Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
We respect and value the diversity of our people. We strive to create an environment where employees can be themselves and where our differences are celebrated.
The WSIB is committed to being accessible and inclusive, and following barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know when we contact you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Disclosing conflicts of interest
As public servants, employees at the WSIB have a responsibility to act in an ethical way at all times to create a respectful workplace and maintain public trust. Job applicants are required to disclose any circumstance that could result in a real, potential or perceived conflict of interest. A conflict of interest is any situation where your private interests may impair or be perceived to impair the decisions you make in your official capacity. This may include: political activity, directorship, other outside employment and certain personal relationships (e.g. with current WSIB employees, customers and/or stakeholders). If you have any questions about conflict of interest obligations and/or how to make a disclosure, please contact the Talent Acquisition Centre at email@example.com .
We collect personal information from your resume, application, cover letter and references under the authority of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997. The Talent Acquisition Centre and WSIB hiring parties will used this information to assess/validate your qualifications, determine if you meet the requirements of vacant positions and/or gather information relevant for recruitment purposes. If you have questions or concerns regarding the collection and use of your personal information, please contact the WSIB’s Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . The Privacy Office cannot provide information about the status of your application.
As a precondition of employment, the WSIB requires that prospective candidates undergo a criminal records name check any time before or after they are hired.
To apply for this position, please submit your application by the closing date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Here to help.